The utility and application for our Floating Wetland designs goes far beyond the more common “floating island/floating wetland” products.
Our platform is similar to an erector set or tinker toys, enabling the designer to incorporate the wetland features to best match project site conditions and goals.
Design features may include integrating open water areas, submerged surfaces and hydraulic flow paths, into task specific wetland configurations.
Floating Island modules
Floating Island & submerged Floating Wetland modules
Modularity & Connectivity
Our internal frame and its variable dimensioned components is what allows design versatility to promote desired biological conditions and best practices.
The frame provides a platform to interconnect modules and from which to deploy a range of submerged modules and devices that perform a range of functions and services.
Versatile and Highly Durable
Durability & High Quality
We provide the most durable and highest quality Floating Islands and Floating Wetlands
The core elements for durability are structural components, floatation, and media.
- Internal frame provides easy and secure connections between modules, anchors and other devices such as predator fencing
- Internal frame minimizes material fatigue and abrasive failure of planting media and connections
- Standard frame and metal components are 6061 T-6 aluminum or 6063 aluminum
- Other materials, such as stainless steel or HDPE, are used when appropriate
- Standard nuts are ¼” SS nylon locking with nylon washers and ¼” x 2” SS hex head bolts
- 2 pound polyurethane closed cell marine foam
- Floatation/media design results in “wet” holes at the bottom for plants
- Load capacity can be adjusted to meet required specification
- Range of non-woven material, formulations including plant media, bio-filter media, pond filter material, and filtration media
- Laminated one-piece media construction
- Standard hole config is 54 2” plant plug holes per 8ft by 5ft module
- Polyurea spray covering provides UV protection
- Optional cementitious/acrylic spray can be applied for heavy duty/extreme conditions